Episode 11 Back To School With AIEU
Episode 11 – Show Notes
What we’ve been doing lately
From Lo’ken via e-mail to NeocomPodcast@gmail.com
Just finished listening to ep 9 and wanted to say great job.
I’m an ’09 player who recently returned after nearly 2yrs off and your podcast was one of the first I stumbled across upon my return. It’s great see the enthusiasm of people such as yourselves contributing to the great community that is the EVE player base.
As someone who missed a lot of stuff in the last couple of years, your podcast and website has been invaluable in helping me blow out the cobwebs, and get my head around all the changes. I also find your love for the game infectious and it has helped me reinvigorate my approach to the game.Keep up the great work.
iTunes 5 Star Reviews:
Suzuki Uta – Kira and the lonely truck driver are awesome. Best Eve podcast ever! As soon as I listen to an episode, I can’t until the next one. Keep up the great work Proto, Kira, and everyone at The Neocom.
Cap’n Nail – I’ve only been playing Eve about 2 weeks, and I’ve become obsessed. This podcast gets me through the downtime between logins when real life calls. I love the newbro orientation and how much you all care about the community and helping people like me get started in Eve. Also, much love to Otto, Cyrillian, and Roedyn. I feel like they don’t get enough praise for how funny they are. I enjoy the rapport between The Neocom crew and it keeps me coming back. Keep up the great work!
- Live event – Jamyl Sarum visits Amarr Navy Headquarters
- Skill point gift due to extended downtime on July 15th
- Galatea Development Updates:
- Watch The Kill Shot
- Possible total redesign of the Sin
- Where is my new Stiletto, CCP Jorg? 😉 (ETA on Minmatar redesigns?)
- New Video by Johnny Pew for the new Domi:
- Fleet Warp Mechanics Updates due September 29th (Unnamed release)
- Community Vanguard Awards – Voting has ended. Results at Eve Vegas
- Alliance Tournament Prize Increase due to silent auction results:
- Eve Mentioned in MassivelyOP as one of the most toxic communities in gaming:: http://massivelyop.com/2015/07/23/massively-overthinking-dealing-with-toxicity-in-mmo-communities/
- [11:08:58 AM] m.azariah: one of those this leads to that leads to another thing
- [11:09:17 AM] m.azariah: about toxic communities
- [11:09:23 AM] m.azariah: eve is the most mentioned
- [11:09:37 AM] m.azariah: http://massivelyop.com/20:P
- [11:09:50 AM] m.azariah: but the thing that really got me was the link to a ted talk
- [11:10:02 AM] m.azariah: talking about the twitter monster we have created
- [11:10:26 AM] m.azariah: and then comparing it to reddit and other things in eve
- “EVE Online has a contentious and nasty environment not just because of the mechanics that encourage self-serving competition but also because the studio behind the game actively encourages players to be cutthroat and rewards members of the community who do so. The punishments given to offending players tell players what the designers want the game to be, so it falls on the side of the studio to determine what sort of environment they ultimately want to encourage.”
- CSM Watch Events: CSMWatch.com
Special Segment: Lanctharus and the AIEU Diplo School
To allow the line members who usually are not even aware of the various mechanisms, cultures, relationships and agreements that the guys on top make that affects their game play and allow them to cast a critical eye on these actions so that they can analyze and synthesize for themselves and not solely rely on a SotA, Sotc, rare leaked audio recordings or allegedly biased EVE new sites for all their information.
Reptillian Marketing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbq6lUgG8gA
Clotaire Rapaille – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clotaire_Rapaille
Asynchronous Learning – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asynchronous_learning
Henry Kissinger on Foreign Policy and the Art of Diplomacy: Overview of History (1994)
The Legacy of Vile Rat – http://www.themarysue.com/libya-vile-rat/
Sion’s Realpolitik presentation Fanfest (2015)
Sion’s EVE Down Under presentation (2013)
What we hope to do:
- Provide access to the intellectual and theoretical knowledge
- Teach you how to network and the importance of this skill
- Critical thinking and analysis
What we don’t do:
- We can’t make you a diplomat
- There is a huge pragmatic/performance requirement that we can’t provide
- Not everyone can and should be a diplo
What we require from our students:
- Intellectual curiosity
- Constant need to learn
- Reading is FUN-da-MENTAL
- Open minded
- Ability to deconstruct and analyze
- Slack access
- Ability to write and think on their feet
- Secured Forums
@JadeCougar / Lost In Eve Podcast
Total Eve.com / New Eden Update
Boci @ @BociSammiches twitch stream – http://www.twitch.tv/bociwen
The Neocom Podcast is available through the Evepodcasts.com RSS feed or by visiting us at TheNeocom.com. If you’re tuning in via iTunes, please leave us a 5 star rating or give us a thumbs up on Stitcher. As always, you can email us at NeocomPodcast@gmail.com
Kira Twitter @KiraTsukimoto
Proto Twitter @Proto_eve
You can also follow the podcast Twitter @TheNeocom for website updates, articles, and check out The Neocom Network for more Podcast and Minicast content from our affiliated studios.
We also have an ingame channel if you’d like to chat with us or just hang out with the coolest people in Eve. Join the in game channel “TheNeocom” – all one word.
Song selections for this podcast:
- Sindel Pellion – Dumb Ways To Die
- Curson Dax – Eveologic
The Neocom Podcast, The Tinfoil Factory, Links in Local, and all productions of The Neocom Network are produced under a fair use, non-derivative, non-commercial, Creative Commons 4.0 license and is copyrighted to The Neocom Network. For more information regarding the use of material in this or any other podcast, please visit wiki.creativecommons.org.